2015 Running Camp
June 11 -14, 2015
We invite you to join us at the racelab Performance Camp for this 3-day experience that will help catapult your running to the next level with activities and services that include group runs, video analysis, clinics, classes and more.
Enjoy a 3-night stay at a beautiful cabin on the edge of Rainbow Lake, delicious homemade meals and beautiful scenery all around. Join 15 other runners for a fully catered weekend that includes all meals, and constant attention from two highly qualified coaches and their staff.
Improve your running form through a video gait analysis, 2 drill and form classes, and instruction. Increase your knowledge on important topics such as race nutrition, principles of training, and race strategy. Get some training runs in with twice daily group runs for runners of all levels. Set your goals during monitored group talks and enjoy some free time at a huge cabin on the shores of a gorgeous forest lake!
VIDEO GAIT ANALYSIS
Each athlete will receive a video analysis of his or her running gait. During the time at the camp, you will be filmed and given immediate feedback and an overview of your gait and stride. Within a week after the camp, you will receive a link to a full breakdown of your analysis including your video with the coach’s voice-over, suggestions of exercises to do and adjustments to make in order to maximize your form and decrease your chance of injury.
Based on time, not distance, these group runs are appropriate for runners of every level. Enjoy nearby trails, or stick to forest roads while still enjoying the beautiful scenery and fresh air. Find a partner with a similar pace, make new friends and/or run with the coach for tips and questions.
Three comprehensive Clinics will be given during the course of the camp.
- Principles of Training: will go over important information on Heart Rate training, the training process, injury prevention, recovery, and more.
- Sports Nutrition: will go over how to fuel correctly for whatever event you are training for and how to fuel before and after training runs.
- Race Strategy: will go over how to approach a race intelligently in order to achieve your best possible result that day.
These clinics are designed to be interactive and conversational. Each athlete is encouraged to ask questions, take notes, and talk about how the information applies to them personally.
STRENGTH / STRETCHING CLASSES
Maximize your running with two classes designed to address some overlooked aspects of training: flexibility and strength. These classes will give you the tools to continue being a well-rounded athlete.
All athletes will participate in two drills lessons in order to learn important exercises that will improve running form and efficiency.
- Goal Setting
This group exercise will focus on helping you set realistic, achievable, but challenging goals for yourself so that you have a clear picture of what you are working towards. The group will go through a variety of exercises to help everyone find their goals and share them. Once these goals are shared, they are more tangible and a plan can be made to achieve them!
- Mental Strength
Endurance sports are incredibly mental, so building each athlete’s mental strength is very important. This talk will include group and individual mental exercises that will help each athlete find their driving force. When a race or a training run gets difficult, you will be able to draw on what you learn to get you through!
Two full-time running coaches will be facilitating the camp to guide all the classes and group talks, perform the video analyses, give all Clinics and answer any questions. The coaches will also be available to the athletes during free time to talk more specifically about that athlete’s individual needs.
- Bettina Warnholtz is Racelab's head coach and has been training runners and triathletes of every level for over 15 years. She has worked with athletes that have qualified for the Kona Ironman World Championships and has also guided thousands of runners to their first half, full, or ultra marathon. She has developed Racelab’s training programs since the inception of the company in 2000. She is the highest ranked USA Triathlon Coach in Arizona, with a Level II in both, the ITU and Endurance categories. She is one of only 3 coaches in the US with these qualifications.
- Johann Warnholtz is also a Racelab’s running coach. He has trained for and successfully completed multiple ultra-marathons, triathlons, and Ironman. He is finishing a degree in Exercise & Wellness at Arizona State University, with a focus on endurance sports. He has been assisting Bettina for over 3 years and has coached athletes from the half marathon to ultra marathon distances. Currently, he's working on obtaining his USA Triathlon Level 1 Coaching certification as well as the Masters Swim Coaching certification.
Per Participant $650.00
- Queen Bed $190.00
- Double Bed $140.00
- Twin/Bunk Bed $90.00
**Each Participant pays $650.00 for the Camp and then has a choice of bed size.
If you would like to share a Queen or Double bed with anyone, you only need to pay for the one bed.
Twin & Bunk beds cannot be shared.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this.